One of the final stages in the creation of computer-based training is the creation and use of the usability test. In this process, a third party is given access to the training and asked a series of questions. These questions focus on the ability of the third party to navigate and access the information in the training, meet the learning objectives defined in the design document, and make recommendations to improve the final product.
In EDUC767, the questions I developed for my RLO were as follows:
- Is the navigation clearly labeled and easy to use?
- Is the information presented in a logical, understandable way?
- If you were to make one suggestion for improvement, what would it be?
- Are there enough images?
- Are there enough quiz questions?
- Did the pace and timing of the slides seem appropriate?
- Does the choice of font and size seem appropriate?
- Are the color choices appropriate or are they distracting?
- Open the RLO and work through the first 4 slides.
- Were you able to complete the task?
- Did you have any problems completing the task?
- Do you have any suggestions?
- If you could make one general suggestion to improve the course overall, what would that be?
- Please state any other comments you have here.